It’s great to talk about mental toughness, determination, and perseverance … but how do these words get represented in the real word?
Only one word comes to mind that best represent any human who has all 3 qualifications…. consistency, which in my opinion if you can learn to master makes you superhuman in my books
One must live through each day in a consistent manner. Whether it’s trying to get a great, healthy body by making sure not to miss a gym session or setting a clear career goal you’d want to achieve by working on it each day.
My tips to get through each day and help you practice consistency are the following;
- Visualize the goals in your mind
- This will serve as a great remainder for yourself and when you feel lost.
- Get a grip on any anxious feelings or doubts you may have about yourself
- Trust me when I say that anxiety will only shorten your lifespan and make reaching your goal even harder
- It’s either you get rid of the anxiety by positive reinforcement or you learn to live with it and transform it into another form of motivation.
- Practice perfecting motivating habits
- Mental toughness isn’t about getting inspired or feeling courageous. It’s about building those habits that allow you to overcome challenges and distractions.
- Learn to socialize and build your network
- Pretty much self-explanatory and like they say, no man is an island, plus it’s always great to be around like-minded people.
- Learn to celebrate the small victories in life
- People shouldn’t be afraid to just stop for a moment and evaluate the present situation. Sure you may not be there yet but learning to appreciate every step you take to reach your goal is a victory in itself.
Alright folks, I know it’s not much but I’m hoping these can at least help you with being the mental tough person that I know you are capable of.